Sa sajta www.stickmanbangkok.com, na kraju ima po nekoliko pitanja za pravnike, odgovara Sunbelt Asia, advokatska kancelarija i profesionalni servisi (sve oko zakona, otvaranje firme...).
Poznajem lično i Stickmana i vlasnika Sun Belt. Kopirao sam ovde.

Evo udara na bekpekere. Jedan pita, oni odgovaraju:

Question 2: I am staying in Bangkok for 2 months so rather than stay at a hotel I rented an apartment through Air BnB. I rented one apartment in Rachada for the first month and another apartment in Sathorn for the second month. Everything has been great here so far. However, about two weeks in to my stay a notice appeared in the elevator that reads :

ATTENTION For Traveler Tourist Backpacker Day/week/Month Rental
This place is for residents only. NOT A HOTEL
Day / week / Month Rentals are not allowed and illegal. If you are honestly Not familiar with Thai law, Please contact the Juristic person office. Travelers who do not report to the juristic person will be arrested by the police as trespassers and prosecuted to the maximum extent of the law.
NOTE: Residents who find or suspect people who might be day/week/month renters, Please report them to the juristic person office immediately.

Now I don’t want to report myself because if I get kicked out it is highly unlikely I will get my money back. So I feel freaked out, I lay low, I don’t want to use the pool and I try to wait till the juristic office is closed before going out of the apartment. All the same, the guards all smile, salute me, and say sawadee krap, and I’ve had no issues or any negative attention for being here from the staff or the juristic person (whoever that is).

So what should I make of this? Could I really be put in jail for renting an apartment? I have my doubts but of course I’m not in Kansas anymore! Interestingly enough, the sign is only in English. If they were looking for snitches, you would expect them to post it in Thai also. Is it possible this notice is just a show for insurance companies, the police, and cranky condo owners? Also, could I get my money back somehow through the courts if I got booted out? The landlady certainly represented that she had a clear and legal right to rent this apartment to me.

Sunbelt Legal responds: The reason the apartment would put out such a sign is because they have not got a hotel license which they need in order to rent out rooms for a short period of time. With an apartment license they cannot let a short-time tourist stay there. You will not be arrested for staying there but if there is a control by authorities then you will have to pay a fine and the management of the apartment could have serious problems. Staying at an apartment is only permissible if a lease of at least six months is signed and the resident has to be reported to Immigration.