• Ontake, mesec dana od erupcije, pomen postradalima

30 dana od erupcije. Za sada je bilans 57 mrtvih i 6 nestalih. Zbog olujnog vremena i snega, potraga je obustavljena, do proleca.
    Poginuli su usmrceni kamenjem koje je "padalo sa neba". Sa takve visine, kamen velicine teniske lopte je smrtonosan, kamoli kamenje velicine frizidera.
    Crno vulkansko kamenje te velicine, doneto pre 10 godina sa druge lokacije, za ukras u park.

Memorial service marks one month since Ontake eruption

National Oct. 27, 2014 - 04:00PM JST ( 2 )

NAGANO —

A memorial service was held in Kiso, Nagano Prefecture, on Monday, to mark one month since Mt Ontake erupted, killing 57 hikers and leaving six missing.

Local residents, firefighters and police gathered in a park to offer prayers and observed a minute’s silence for victims at 11:52 a.m., the exact time that the volcano erupted, TBS reported.

On Oct 16, search operations for the seven missing people were called off for the year due to worsening weather conditions and will resume next spring.

More than 1,900 Self-Defense Force troops, firefighters and police were involved in the search and recovery operations.

Mt Ontake was packed with hikers out to witness the region’s spectacular autumn colors when it erupted.

Autopsies have revealed that the hilkers, many of whom had been enjoying lunch at the peak in the sunshine, died largely from injuries caused by stones hurled out in the initial explosive eruption.

The 3,067-meter volcano continues to belch steam and poisonous fumes, making a section near the crater inaccessible.

Japan Today/AFP
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Ontake, vulkanska planina, erupcija 27. septembar 2014 started by yoyogi View original post
  • Recent Forum Posts

yoyogi

Foto za danas, 2024

Nagoya, Okazaki. Visteria u cvatu. Drvo je staro 600 godina, bilo je tu i 1600-te kada su stanovnici zamka pod njima šetali i uživali. Tokugawa

yoyogi 25-04-24, 10:30 Go to last post
    yoyogi

Foto za danas, 2024

Japan, Nagoya, Nabana No Sato, cvetni park. Vreme lala je pri kraju.

Većina

yoyogi 22-04-24, 18:34 Go to last post